We hope you are considering Watling Park School for your child for Reception 2018 and we’d like to provide you with some guidance from Barnet on the admissions process.
Children born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 are due to start in a reception class in the year beginning September 2018.
If your child is due to start school next year you should apply for a place now.
Read ‘A Guide to Primary School Admissions in Barnet 2018’ here. A summary of Watling Park School is on page 96.
- Primary school places across London are allocated through the Pan London Co-ordinated Admissions Scheme
- The application process starts on 1 September 2017; click here to apply
- Use this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to apply online (PDF)
- The deadline for ‘on-time’ applications is 15 January 2018
- You must fill in a single online application form and submit the form to the local authority where your child lives, even if you are applying to schools in more than one borough. Watling Park School is in the borough of Barnet.
- You can apply for up to six schools and list them the order of your preference
- If more than one school can offer your child a place, the local authority will offer a place at whichever school was ranked highest on your application form
- You should find out how school places were allocated last year to help you make sensible choices.